Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Return to Healthy Lunches!

I have been eating out for lunch quite a bit recently, so I decided to pack for tomorrow!  Lunch includes blanched snow pea leaves and baked beef pie.  The beef pie is more of a casserole but I feel bad calling it that considering...well, it is not what an American or European would call a casserole.  Still, it should be good with grated carrots, diced onions, minced green onions, and minced garlic.  Oh yeah, and a little bit of soy sauce, salt, sesame oil, sugar, and fish sauce in order of amount added.  The sugar was probably unnecessary as the carrots probably made the pie more sweet than expected.

It is nothing pretty, but it should taste great.  Here's to healthy lunches again!  Oh, and I kind of feel like a food snob for using the word "blanched," but hey, that's what I did to the snow pea leaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment