Sunday, March 1, 2015

IPA Gives Me Wings

I do not remember where it came from...  I do not even know how it got there...  Yet somehow for over a year now, there have been bottles of IPA comically chilling in my refrigerator.  What a shame, I keep on telling myself, since IPAs seem to be all the rage in the American craft beer community.  What a shame, because it is hard to describe the horror I feel when the bottle in my hand touts its "homicidally hoppy" brew as its most redeeming feature.  So you might imagine every bottle remained untouched until this weekend, when I found a use for them: beer soaked chicken wings!! (Because the wings were on sale at the supermarket downstairs.)

I mixed one bottle of Lagunitas IPA with a dash of soy sauce, some lemon juice, and a ton of minced garlic and cilantro.  I marinated the wings in the mixture for 24 hours and then baked both sides of the wings for 30 minutes at 400 F.  I then sauteed the remaining marinade with a little bit of oil (also allowing some water to boil off) and drizzled it over the finished wings.  Review: finger-licking tasty, although next time I will cut out the soy sauce and use a beer-brine marinade.


No comments:

Post a Comment